View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 12:09 AM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Apparently the Flames had a deal in place to bring Wayne Simmonds to Calgary but he didn't want to waive his no trade clause. Also, there was a deal in place for Jason Zucker to come to Calgary, but something happened with the paperwork at the last minute and it didn't go through. This all from Complete Hockey News. Tough deadline day for the Flames lol.
Not tough at all, IMO. I'm personally totally all right with no major changes - the lineup has performed well all year, and I think it's a good lineup for the stretch drive to the playoffs. Recently the depth has been carrying the team, so once the top two lines get out of their recent funks, things should be even better. Even Smith is playing well recently, so I have less concerns about goaltending than I did earlier in the season. No point in giving away the farm in our first season as a contender, especially with Tkachuk needing a contract in the off season and also needing to get a new goaltender as well. I think the summer will be a good time to really see what the needs are and go about meeting them at a lower price than the deadline.