View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 4:07 AM
if I sang out of tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docere View Post
London.

West = posh, East = poor, South = rough, North = intellectual

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...le-four-cities

Though I the stereotypes break down as you move into outer London I guess.

Outer North London seems to be the "Queens" of London with its polyglot population (large ethnic minority, immigrant and Jewish communities), while outer south London is semi-suburban "white English."
Interestingly the reverse is now happening in the 'burbs. Those leafy lanes are now seeing a White, South Asian, Jewish and Caribbean 'flight' as people sell on their banal semi-detached for a solid gold castle in the provinces, while the leafy south London suburbs are now being invaded by the middle class ethnic communities being generated from the former Inner City ring (as it gets converted into royal hunting grounds for the world's elite).

It's a constant, traditional churn as Londoners make their money and leave for more family-friendly climes (which is why the Kent and Essex accents are now extinct and replaced with Cockney, while their former East End stomping grounds have been replaced with MLE and Bengali tinged accents), then a few years later a new generation of their kids move back to find opportunity in the bright lights.