View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhun1 View Post
That's like saying there's 20 million+ live within 90 miles of Philadelphia. That works for the NFL, which is once a week but not for the NBA, which has at least 20-25 games a season on weeknights.

If you aren't within an hour drive of the arena, it's hard to be a season ticket holder.

Add on to that how impoverished New Orleans is and it's a miracle they have one team, let alone two. The Saints have been there for decades, so they'll likely be there for the long haul but I doubt the Pelicans are long for New Orleans.
Until Gayle Benson is dead, the Saints & Pelicans aren't going anywhere. Baton Rouge metro and Gulfport-Biloxi metro are both within an hour's drive of downtown New Orleans and take the overall population of the region to 2 million plus. Throw in Houma-Thibodaux, which is even closer than the rest, for extra measure. If you think all four of those metros are all comprised of impoverished people, you're mistaken.

Also, the entire State of Louisiana is willing to sell it's soul and resources to keep those teams happy in New Orleans. I only wish that the NBA team would have gone with "Gulf Coast whatevers" instead of New Orleans Pelicans. Or at the least, used a one-syllable word for the team. Still better than the Baby Cakes I suppose.

Last edited by DatFiyah; Apr 10, 2018 at 6:32 PM.