View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
I don't get the big stink around this. It's a private home that while nice and old, has no real historic value – someone in government lived there for a few years decades ago, big whoop. I agree with protecting historic public and commercial buildings and others that have actual historic value, but this is just a SFH private residence, owners should be allowed to tear it down if they want. Especially since they bought it unprotected – if it was protected before purchase, this would make sense.

Do I love the fact that a lot of the big old houses on Wellington were torn down for more modern ones? Meh, not really. But hard to tell someone that bought a home they can't tear it down and build a new one when the old one has no history other than being old. And now the land's worth more so..

Agreed, it’s just another box sitting there doing nothing that no one was ever going to invest in fixing. People projecting their feelings onto meaningless objects. Rip it down and do something meaningful with the space, rather than let it be sitting empty and having no use except as a piece of pointless nostalgia for all the local busybodies.