View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2011, 8:19 PM
heavy user of walkability

asphalt

over in the northwest corner they're making good progress again... since the last post, the roadbeds were evidently restored, and asphalt has been poured throughout (and because I know pg appreciates added sensory data, I'll mention that my nose could tell that the asphalt had not had time to lose its characteristic smell). most recently, fencing has been going up along all the sidewalks, so once we have the road striping and maybe some signage in place, I imagine it won't be long before they'll open it up, and I'll be able to post pics from close-up finally.

here is the inbound road (from the RR crossing)

here the outbound (would have been nice if they could have taken care of that graffiti while they were doing the median planting):

they've also cleared a lot of the remaining debris and done some grading. hard to tell this used to be the corner of anything (Sixth and Channel, where the old golf driving range used to be) in the foreground:

this pic is taken a few feet to the left of the previous one, and shows the temporary connection (road and sidewalk) to existing Channel St from the roundabout. this should be the configuration until block 12 (which comes in through the building on the left) and the more westerly section of Mission Creek Park are developed. it might be hard to tell in the pic, but there were still some trees waiting in the wings in the distance, and they were excavating in the small lens-shaped areas between the sidewalks and the roundabout in that area, so I assume they are to be planted there.

as seen from the Owens approach on the south. fencing has been erected on the left, and you can see the shadow of the mini-steamroller that was still parked over the weekend.

Last edited by timbad; Oct 30, 2011 at 8:31 PM.