Thread: EV Revolution!
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2020, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Tommy View Post
I understand they are making enough of them and have gotten better with technology and costs, but you are missing the point about weight.
No I am not. I am dismissing your point about weight. The heavy Teslas have lower energy costs and are more energy efficient than any competitor in their class, which are all gas.

Quote:
I think most Tesla owners must have a 6000 lbs gas vehicle in their garage next to their Tesla's.
With 300 miles of range and more coming? Unlikely. In 5 years, every EV will have 300 miles of range. Even the entry level ones. Tesla will probably be at 500+.

Quote:
The vehicle you use when the Tesla is charging??
Dumb question. What's the vehicle you use when putting gas in your vehicle. I don't think you get how most EV owners actually use their vehicles. They charge them at night when rates are low and they are sleeping. They wake up to a full tank of gas every morning.

Quote:
As I stated in my first post EV is a good idea, but we are not there yet no matter what you want to believe due to several issues.
Plenty of issues. But those are all being addresses. There's also plenty of benefits which accrue right away. No need to go out of your way to put gas. Low maintenance (no oil changes, longer lasting brake pads, etc.). Over-the-air updates. All benefits which you will never see on a gas car.

I don't even own an electric vehicle. I can just see the benefit. And I can see where the market is going. Watch the video I posted. You might just begin to understand what is coming and why all the legacy automakers are in an utter panic to rush out EVs.