View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats View Post
The City of Scottsdale is no longer "The West's Most Western Town." Growth is one thing - but to destroy the character of Scottsdale?!? Along with this kind of growth - comes big city problems. The pictures of recent month - shows that. The only reason Paradise Valley is the kind of community that it is - because of very stringent codes. You have to have at least one acre - and no industry! I grew up near the corner of Mockingbird and Cheney in the 1960's and 1970's. Just ranch style homes and a lot of land. It was NOT the mega mansions - as it is today. Wide open desert - to play - and it was SAFE!!!!!!!!!! Hummingbird and Blue Bird were still dirt roads! Everyone had septic tanks! We road horses behind St. Barnabas Church - on the DESERT - where they are building the Ritz Carlton resort! Judson was a school - not a development of expensive houses. Read where Hugh Downs just died. If I recall, he was part of the effort to stop the development in Paradise Valley - to destroy its character! Let the developers build like crazy in downtown Phoenix - or, the Biltmore at 24th St...or, Tempe! Don't destroy Scottsdale and Paradise Valley! I can see why people in Prescott are worried. In just the short time I have lived here - I am worried about its growth. It might be just people coming up from the Valley ( I am seeing a lot of "Scottsdale" ..."Peoria"...etc., frames on the license plate). After summer, hope that will die down.
Hate to say it but - the horse is out of the barn on this one. Like - as of 20 years ago. The last developable parcel of land in Scottsdale was sold last year and homes are going up. That’s just forcing new development to be more dense in existing areas as places are re-developed. Scottsdale is a brand and attracts people to it because of it. It’s associated with wealth and prosperity. It’s no longer the ‘west’s most western town’ - and hasn’t been since those horses left the barn 20 years ago...