View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Um, the project is almost completed. They've poured over $4 billion into it, and it's wrapping up.

I would bet good money that this will be a financial success. It's a 15 minute direct train ride from Penn, at the confluence of the two most important highways in the Northeast, 5 minutes from a major international airport, fantastic demographics, they've basically signed every luxury store chain on earth and are completing essentially the world's largest indoor amusement park.

And your logic for skepticism is based on your dislike of a website rendering. Bizarre.
There are no direct trains from Penn Station, you have to transfer at Secaucus. And the Meadowlands rail station isn't in walking distance to the mall anyway - they plan to run a shuttle bus to the station. So, only a three-seat ride to Manhattan!

And of that $4 billion "they" have poured into it, about $1.15 billion is in the form of tax exempt government bonds provided by the state of New Jersey.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...oms/395607001/

I'm fully aware it's under construction. I still doubt it will ever fully open or if it does, it won't last long or will require even more government subsidies.

Last edited by KVNBKLYN; Aug 25, 2018 at 2:42 AM.