View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 7, 2013, 5:03 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady3324 View Post
I'm not too sure either. The other two condo developments on Chicago Ave are making good progress so that is a plus. Minus a few blocks around Ashland, I actually enjoy walking down Chicago ave. The neighbor still needs a "game-changer" like a bowling alley, trader joes, movie theater, etc. Something that gets people north of Chicago ave (and other areas in the city) to come to Chicago ave instead of Division/Wicker.

I'm still sad about WTT. But hopefully this is just a "out with the old, in with the new" type change. I think Noble Square strip of Chicago still needs to figure out their identity. Agree about Mexique.. the place is way too good to be empty
Ukrainian Village is bursting with development and is slowly getting there, but still has its challenges. Two months ago the city had to clean up Latin Kings graffiti from my property. Just last week it looked as if some lowlife was trying to break into my tenants' apartment. Reality is, petty theft and gang activity remain an issue in the city. I'm not sure it will ever be as safe as the burbs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q