View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 6:04 PM

This version just fits in SOOOO much better with the architecture and character of the Strip. I couldn't even make it out in the renderings, it blends in so well! I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I thought the rendering was actually just a portion of the Produce Terminal.

The previous version was nothing but an "elite tower in the sky"!!

But this one... no way... this one here is a common man's building, a real down home pile of steel, stone, and glass that honors the guy selling t-shirts down the street. Hopefully Yinzers Steelers shop will get the plum retail space on the ground level.

The planning commission must be downright tickled... I'll bet that the trees and shrubs (that will surely die a slow death) added by the architect onto the multiple rooftops brought on a big group orgasm when the rendering was unveiled to them! And theat illuminated translucent thing sticking out of the top to hide mechanical equipment (only necessary due to the multiple rooflines)?... multiple orgasms all nite long for Pittsburgh's arbiters of sexy design.

But don't take my word for it, listen to the erudite and articulate Ms. Mingo, asserting that the redesign "begins to sort of make this building a building that can be about Pittsburgh".

I couldn't fucking agree more... this building can now be about Pittsburgh!