View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishko27 View Post
I understand this is mostly domestic traffic by a great margin, but can we get more international flights? Not a single ME carrier is a joke, the fact that all we have is one flight to Tokyo and no other flights to Asia is silly. European coverage is too sparse as well (AMS? VIE? CPH?).

In any case, I did not believe we will cross the 70m mark this quickly, and yet here we are. Good for you DEN.
With respect to only UAL:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/20/why-...r-airport.html
Quote:
The midcontinent airport has become United’s busiest hub. It recently invested nearly $1 billion in Denver to add more gates, flights and destinations, and opened the largest lounge in its network.

“About 60% of our customers are connecting from other places. Forty percent of our customers are local Denver, and it’s a fast growing city,” said Jonna McGrath, vice president of Denver Airport operations for United Airlines. “We want to grow before 2030 to about 650 flights a day.”
------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
I'm quite impressed with how successful Denver has been in this recently, considering how far we are from the coasts and how many bigger markets Denver competes against.
The number of international flights out of DEN is very impressive.

PHX would love to have some of those routes. Sky Harbor has flights to London and Frankfurt but otherwise lots of flights to Mexico and Canada. Interestingly, I've had people from Toronto tell me it's cheaper to fly from Toronto to Phoenix than Vancouver BC.

The problem down here is that Phoenix is a short hop to LAX and two hops to DFW both which have lots of international flights. DFW is the city that has really grown internationally right along with their growth of population and HQ's for lots of companies.

For being in Flyover country and it's size DEN's international service is very impressive.