Thread: EV Revolution!
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 22, 2020, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister F View Post
I find this point that skeptics of EVs keep bringing up kind of comical. These challenges pale in comparison to the challenges that the first cars faced. There were no gas stations. Very little road infrastructure. No oil industry. Primitive and dangerous vehicles. The challenges facing the automotive industry at the beginning of the 20th century were much larger than what faces electric cars today.
What's comical is people comparing the change from gas to electric to the change from horse to car. We live in a much different era in wich people like to travel quickly with options. Electric vehicles are still very limited at this point. Until you can travel from lets say NYC to an open event in wich cars are parked in an open field or a rural area 200 miles away without a problem they are not real options yet. Sure in the future they will be, BUT THEY ARE NOT NOW.

I will also say the problems supplying large amounts of electric cars and trucks will be huge and will cost trillions of dollars to correct. My guess is electric and gas hybrids will be around for many years to come. You really think the gas companies are going to go down without a massive political fight? They are no more evil than the electric companies or drug addict Musk who I could see going to jail down the road for securities fraud.