View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2009, 12:08 AM
Eurosceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstoner View Post
Food is not a Pittsburgh preoccupation and I'm pretty tired of hearing that all we are known for is chipped ham and french-fries-on-sandwiches. The restaurant scene is not up the standards of a city of our size or heritage (and really, this is important when attracting talent from around the country)
I STRONGLY disagree with this... this is one of those yinzer stereotypes about Pittsburgh... all we eat is chipped ham and Primanti's sandwiches... I've never even seen f#*king chipped ham... Stamooli Brothers, Pennsylvania Macaroni Co., Sunseri, and the many other markets in the Strip District is one huge example demonstrating that food is an integral part of the Pittsburgh experience. If you live here in the city of Pittsburgh... you know you can't walk 2 minutes without running into great food... it's not 1985 anymore.

As for Mellon Arena... destroy it... save a slice of it for some museum... reconnect the street grid from the Hill District to Downtown... and put some dense mixed-use development on the 28 acres that are now occupied by this gigantic architectural anachronism and its associated parking lots.

Burgh15: You have exceeded your bandwidth.

Last edited by Evergrey; Aug 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM.