Thread: LEGO Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 2:52 AM
Art Deco Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmtbr View Post
Did you make all those buildings?
No, I made about 1/3 of the buildings on the layout. This includes the Griswold Building and a 1960s style white midrise building barely visible in the picture. I also provided some smaller buildings not visible in this picture including the three story factory that I posted earlier in this thread.

Most of the other buildings including the two other Detroit buildings and the Flatiron visible in the picture were constructed by Chris L., another member of MichLTC (I do not think he is an active member of SSP). In his day job, Chris actually helps build and refurbish real buildings; specifically he installs fire supression systems. He has worked in downtown Detroit including at the restoration of the 22 story Dime Building (which was designed by Chicago's famed Daniel Burnham). I pushed the concept of trying to recreate part of downtown Detroit for the NMRA show in July and he agreed so we are both busy building more structures for that show.

One of the more eccentric members of MichLTC provided the Batwing and other superhero related items, but the children who view the display often like those elements more than, for example, a replica of an building designed by an architect who has been dead for almost 65 years!

Last edited by DecoJim; Jul 6, 2007 at 6:54 PM.