View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 6:17 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
I was thinking about Madison as a case study. That's a terrific city; totally unexpected for its population and location.

I've never been to Toledo. Just did a quick google maps tour and, uh, it doesn't look great. I was prepared to say it must have something going on that, say, Fargo doesn't, but I don't know if I could. I think I'm starting to get why some people are ready to discount cities under a million as cities at all.

i went to school near toledo, worked there and even lived there one spring long ago.

toledo has jeep and owens corning. downtown looks beat, but don't sleep on it altogether, the city has plenty of charms too. the best small art museum and city zoo. inverness golf course is top shelf. the old west end is one of america's best historic neighborhoods. they used to have a greektown and huge parties by the river, but i think those are long gone. heading downriver on the maumee is very pleasant and great fishing in the region. oh and the mudhens aka the best minor league team -- and tony packos.

and katie holmes -- tom cruise knew wassup with toledo lol.

that's all i got!