View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2008, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakati View Post
Don't go to Moe's Home Collection!

We had the most unpleasant experience ever. Ordered a bed, paid for it in full, were told it would take 3 weeks till it gets delivered. Heard nothing for over a month, phoned and were told the BED WAS ALREADY DELIVERED. They checked again and then said that actually the bed hadn't arrived. One month later they phoned and left a message saying that the bed arrived and we were supposed to phone back to arrange for delivery. We did but I asked them if I could see the bed before it gets delivered as they said that if the bed is damaged in any way, it is between the delivery company and us. They inspect the bed before it gets delivered so they are not responsible for any defect or damage. Who believed them?

They said it is ok to inspect the bed but we should phone 10 minutes in advance so that they have the bed on the floor for us. Phoned a number of times and they just avoided a straight answer. Finally, one lady said it is ok to go.

SURPRISE, we got there and were told by the assistant to the manager that actually, THE BED HADN'T ARRIVED. Imagine our frustration. He didn't even believe that actually we were told the bed arrived.

I am not making this up. It's like a bad joke but it was real.

We made a scene and they invited us out of the store as other customers were listening. In the end, they gave us a refund but what a sour taste....
yes my friend who worked there could tell you many similiar stories - he was quite surprised at a lot of what went on there