View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 11:41 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjv007 View Post
And this is why Philly has gradually gone from America's most important city to second to third to fourth to fifth to currently no better than seventh and eventually likely to fall out of the top 10. Enough of this "we're not a boom or bust city" crap. Good cities ARE boom cities. Steady growth still means a lag behind peers, and that's assuming steady growth can be maintained. This is a huge overreaction for just this one project and I understand that, but I just feel this project is a microcosm of Philly's shortcomings over time.
Is the glass half empty or half full? I just had a short work trip and came back to Philly by way of Amtrak. With the CITC, FMC, Evo, One Riverside all visible from the train station, it felt like Philly was a city on the move (tons of people moving in/out of train station, cars everywhere, FMC and CTC standing out, especially FMC with it letters lit up. Things were getting done here. I can now see why they want to build up the 30th Street Station District. Be proud Philly-things have changed and will keep changing for the better. Business leaders and others want to make the city reach its full potential.