View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2024, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
Last summer Swoop had offered YXX-YXU as a "seasonal" service that launched in May and wasn't planned to run past October. I took it once, it was a full flight both ways. They also were competing with Flair's YVR-YXU route that ran last summer.

There is definitely demand for the route from YXU to the Vancouver area. Flying to Toronto and having to connect with either a connecting flight, or a bus or train can add so much time onto that trip, and on more than one occasion I've had to stay in a hotel near YYZ overnight because of bad flight timings (and more ideal timings having a cost difference far more than the cost of the hotel).
Bingo.

Since 2016, I've been able to fly from YHM-YEG direct and at a fair price on both Flair and Swoop when they offered the route. The travel experience was easy and smooth.

This is the first summer in a long time where there is no direct YHM-YEG service (WS didn't re-introduce it post-swoop... as*****s). So my options are either a connection in YYC, which adds two hours to my journey alongside WS price gouging, the mad-house that is YYZ, or YKF but with Flair.

I've generally just been opting to fly Porter from YYZ because of their product and good loyalty program, but once there is direct service back to YHM, I'd hop back on whatever carrier decided to offer it.

I mentioned this in the YHM forum, but YKF will have on average 8 departures daily to destinations coast-to-coast, whereas YHM will only average 4 departures daily with service only to YYC, east coast, and Iceland. I never thought I'd see the day where YKF is doing better than YHM, but here we are.