View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 8:12 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
That's interesting since I believe Facebook is rumored to lease some of the office space at 6 X Guadalupe. They also have leased all 750,000 sq ft of a recently completed SF office tower with outdoor space and notched balconies as well, on a podium. So it appears that they are targeting a similar type of space in Austin.
We've been talking about it in the Austin section. These "notched" office towers. While I'm not crazy about the look they create, though, I do think they can be done in a way that is more of an attractive design feature, I certainly understand from their perspective of wanting outdoor spaces for their tenents. In fact, one of Google's towers in Austin has an airstream trailer in one of those notches that they use as a food court. I just worry that they'll become repetitive in their execution and become a dated fixture of skylines. We already have 4 of them now. 3 that are complete, and another one (6 X Guadalupe) that is under construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Well. Star fleet is based in San Francisco so maybe this building will be their headquarters. In about a hundred years, James Tiberius Kirk will be chasing some green tail around that plaza.