View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2020, 11:08 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Personally there haven't been any benefits. I'm single and gratefully childless so it's changed nothing about my home life, just given me more of it. I'm not especially introverted or extroverted so I need a healthy balance of both. I miss seeing family and friends. There are only so many games of Overwatch I can play before I need some human interaction lol. Working from home has been easier in terms of my responsibilities, but much longer hours. My point of view is definitely clouded by the winter we've had, and the fact this is our second stretch of being confined to the home for weeks in as many months. It's not all-consuming, I'm still laughing along with movies and happy to chat with friends, but I've been a much darker-than-usual place mentally for months now and I'm getting fucking sick and tired of it. I just need the snow to go. I'm sitting here right now writing this post and eating a chocolatine because it's too rainy to go for a run. I've packed on about 7 lbs in the past couple of weeks.

Socially, I enjoy reading about all the positive effects on the environment. I love how people are supporting each other (for example, there have been stories about riders on the city buses, which are now limited to 9 passengers, getting off to allow others to get on - not just giving up their seat to elderly people, but their entire ride; lots of stories about people delivering groceries to vulnerable people, etc.). Although my collar is pretty white, I'm glad to see society's understanding of essential workers is evolving. It warms my heart to hear, for example, people calling in to Open Line asking why if the Federal Government's benefit needs to be $2,000/month for people to make ends meet, why is welfare in the province only around $750? Our society is definitely being kinder to its people, even in a place that was already quite good at that.