Thread: Downtown Subway
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2013, 3:44 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65MAX View Post
Actually, I've driven down 6th Ave many times and no, the train does not keep up with the cars. But worse than that, you seem to be content with having really slow MAX service downtown, as if that's a problem that can never be fixed.

I understand people thinking it's just too expensive. Yeah, EVERY major infrastructure improvement is gonna be expensive. But magically, they still get built anyway. When the subway becomes the next major priority (and it will sooner or later), the funding will be pieced together to fund it.
Obviously the trains have to make stops, but when there is traffic on 5th and 6th, you are definitely not driving faster than the train as we are waiting for a few light cycles.

I just think some people are trying to make this sound like it is a much bigger issue than it really is. I love subways, but I also understand the cost of them and understand that it is more important to have a system that reaches much of the metro than it is to blow a huge chunk of change on a small section of subway for a downtown that is barely a mile and a half, and 3 miles if you include the Lloyd District. That is a really small area and people are often times riding the MAX with downtown being the target location, thus they are typically not riding the full length of the line.

I do agree that there could be a few less stops, but I also understand the reasoning for each stop through downtown.