View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 9:36 PM
Greetings from New Jersey

Your Map except a few lines was based on the NJT 2020 plan , which is now pushed till the 2050s... Alot of there plans got sheveled , but are starting to heat up again... TOD will play a huge role and expanding things in South Jersey.

The Cape May line is owned by NJT and leased to the Seashore Museum....service was supposed to be up and running by now but for some reason it got sheveled. It wasn't that expensive to restore , costing between 30-50 Million $$$. It was only to have a few stations. Not that you have there....

The Glassboro line once it get fully built and TOD erupts along that corridor i'm sure will see pressure to extend to Millville then Bridgeton , then Pennsgrove. I can't see Salem though , its to isolated and not much of a population base.

The Mount Holly Branch is also owned by NJT , there was to be service at least to Mount Holly by now but that stalled.... I doubt you could get any support for service to Camden vs Philly. I know they looked at LRT , but decided on Regional Rail. Pemberton recently released a smart growth plan for its town , the Toms River Extension has been thought of. The NJDOT owns those tracks if i'm not mistaken.

The Amboy Branch i had it originally going to Bordentown , but for some reason the Map crapped out. Bordentown is as far as it would go , then you would have to upgrade the platforms and signals , that would be messy. The Amboy Branch has a real chance when the MOM network gets built , so does the Tuckerton line , there in the full build out plans or if opposition to the Matawan line becomes a huge issue....

As for the Atlantic City Dinky service NJT proposed a Bus Rapid Transit system for AC and surround cities and onto the Mainland.