View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 10:43 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Yea it’s crazy. Unfortunately it’s IMO and my opinion ONLY but I think the project goes nowhere for a very long time. If you check my earlier posts I always thought it was fishy they were taking this long to just even bulldoze the place
You and others have a collective impatience and perhaps no institutional memory of how such big complicated public/private redevelopments happen. Do you remember when the power company (PPL I think) donated its land and closed power plant to OMSI and how long the new OMSI took to get built? And now the OMSI/Portland Opera/Oregon Rail Heritage Center lands are going through master planning that could proceed very slowly, depending on the market. What about the Schnitzer Steel donation of 10 acres to OHSU on the south waterfront? That land is still not fully developed nor is all of the land owned by Zidell next door. The grand plans earlier hatched by Zidell have been placed on hold. The point is, we should all be patient and less gloomy, because so much needs to come together to get projects off the ground. An "I told you so" taunt is tedious.