View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2020, 9:36 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
I think it’s a wrap for the SWC project. The pandemic has allowed businesses and companies to see how successful working from home is and I don’t think voters in Portland can stomach paying for a route that a lot of workers in the burbs would use.

The simple fact is Covid has accelerated WFH by decades in a few months. I really don’t know how much demand there will be to commute from far SW to downtown in the future, and I’m not sure anyone does. But I think it makes sense to see how work and travel patterns are changed by this time we’re in
It's way too soon to make this call, these projects all need to happen, so they will look at various ways to redo this measure and make it more appealing. I could see it getting passed in the near future, it might just need to be worded better.

The traffic from the SW corridor will only get worse, the virus isn't going to last forever and we have already seen the metro start to get back to normal when it comes to working. In a few years, there is going to be a serious call for something to happen in the SW corridor and this light rail like will definitely be needed.