View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 4:50 PM

I'm really bummed that the NA manufacturers will stop producing sedans. Not as much Chrysler and GM. I've lost interest in those brands years ago. Ford however has (had) some great designs. I feel like I see more Fusions on the road today than any of the competitors, including Toyota and Honda. The small cars to me are still relevant for first time buyers, those who aren't comfortable will larger vehicles and those who value fuel efficiency. It seems foolish to completely give up that market to the Japanese brands.

I drive a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 with 282,000 kms. Never had an issue (knock-on-wood). I am terrified of the day I have to buy a new car with all of those fancy "safety" features that will distract me and/or reduce my alertness on the road by relying too much on them. I absolutely hate the fact that keys, an invention that could not be improved upon, have been replaced with fobs that can easily be hacked, that have batteries that if dead will strand you, the push button start that could fry. That flip switch emergency break that cannot be used during emergencies, WTF were they thinking.