View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 10:30 PM

See I got lotsa feathers ruffled here by the regulars. Hopefully some of them are with some people who can actually do something about the sad state of the road.

I guess they don't understand that people have opinions that don't necessarily agree with yours. And that discussing the problem once isn't enough.

I repeat myself, because people pick and choose and ignore the reality when they comment, and believe it or not people don't always go back and read every old comment. If you don't like my comments skip them. Personally I love reading comments - even negative ones about me.

I know huge portions are federal. That's why I comment about the national park areas. I know the terrain is difficult, that's why I mention things not being done in areas even where the terrain isn't difficult. I know it's costly, and comment about how the inaction is what lead to the mess and how you could save money if you actually did something instead of talk about it.

What are some of you people - politicians? You think posting a sign saying you'll upgrade the highway with no information, then posting new signs 5 years later is progress? Read the own BC gov website and you'll hear honest opinions about the issues.

This is a comment forum, and that's what I'm doing. Relating experiences and comments. The road is bad for the BC economy, bad for tourism (which BC spends a fortune on advertizing for), and it's frigging dangerous. Talk to the family of the guy in Revelstoke that died 2 weeks ago. Talk to the people stuck on the highway for 8 hours or about the highway closures that frustrate local politicians. This isn't about driving to Shuswap you shmuck. I think it's about how hostile BC people are becoming to Albertans. I don't know what it is - jealousy? Believe me, there is no reason to be jealous of Alberta - the roads in Alberta are not great and like BC upgrades occur at a snails pace. (Alberta snails are slightly faster though). And the last section being done in Banff is Federal you see - not provincial. But for some reason BC hasn't been pressuring the Feds to fix their parks like Alberta has. Heck, even environmentalists are on board now and agree that fixing Banff has been a big success for wildlife protection. (if you bother to read the Parks Canada info)

Whatever - I'll post when and if I chose - which is usually when I drive the road. If I state anything that's wrong please call me out on it. But I don't care or want to hear from people who aren't willing to discuss or listen. A twinned TCH in BC has huge economic benefits.

The roads in BC need work - and I appreciate that it's being done. But I'm not going to accept some politicians BS. If it wasn't BS we'd have ONE BLOODY TCH PROJECT UNDERWAY now wouldn't we? But of the what 20 km/300 km of new projects announced last year none are under construction. Not one.

DRIVE THE ROAD AND YOU'LL SEE THAT THIS ENTIRE CONSTRUCTION SEASON IS BEING WASTED IN BC. Except for the sign installers I guess :-)

Last edited by Yahoo; Aug 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM.