View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
^ I It's people like you that give all Albertans a bad name in BC.
I'm not sure who this is directed to. Probably me. A property owner in BC who pays taxes and spends a lot of tourist dollars in BC. Someone who spends as much time in BC as I can.

I don't get your attitude. If someone complains about the roads in BC you take it as a personal attack - swear and insult every person in Alberta???

I guess you might even have a plan - if people think BC residents are jerks I guess you're hoping there will be less traffic. If only you were that smart.

I guess someone from Alberta did you wrong once. Or you saw plates on an idiot driver and they were from Alberta. We all have stories of bad drivers from other areas - and yes there are lots of bad drivers in Alberta (and everywhere).

This is a roads forum. People are generally going to talk about bad areas. Get over it. BC is way behind. It's because they've (politicians) ignored the transcanada highway since it was built - at least through most of the interior. There has been some great progress, but read the government website. They openly state that many of the places they're targeting for repairs are extremely dangerous and they're way behind other provinces. And they also mention roads are economically important - even ones that you don't use. They even have death counts. So pout all you want - BC has not done enough and is far behind. And it's not just Albertan's that think that. It's people from BC, Australia, Hong Kong, and Europe that I know. Some won't even go to BC because of the KCH (personally I think it's cool there - and the bad part isn't so bad now since at least it's short)

It's not like Alberta is any kind of road paradise. There are plenty of badly needed roadworks that are also ignored for decades as the body count piles up. But since this is a BC forum I'll focus on the douchbaggy (your favorite word) parts of the BC road system.