View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 1:09 AM

Unfortunately, I would say no. Austin does not have a ton of (new) engaging public / outdoor attractions. I'm hopeful that Waller Creek will be successful in the future, but other than that, there's not a lot going on.

I think Zilker, Guerrero, and Butler are woefully underutilized for a world class city. The type of upgrades added to Butler recently were a great step forward. The Long Center and Event Center could provide more to the city given their location. That area could be a great spot for a future sports team.

The Seaholm Intake facility needs to be turned into public use ASAP. The south shore development is moving at an agonizing pace, and I don't have a ton of confidence in the vision so far. Our museum and art scene is embarrassing with poor prospects on the horizon.

I would love to see any movement on these projects over any of the skyscrapers going up.

Don't mean to sound negative because I love this city, but I'd love to see more development outside of office buildings and restaurants!