View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2013, 2:49 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
Will the East Midtown Rezoning pass in November?

It seems like developers know...
Well, the developers have had a hand in helping shape it. But it's up to the city council for final approval. The council could always recommend changes back to city planning.

You know, that rezoning comes with new "powers" for city planning and a new part of the ULURP (approval) process for developers who want to build large - they must provide exceptional designs. And I have to say, while that may be questionable, seeing images like we have seen for this one, I'm glad that part will be there. It's too bad these images were released because it gives more ammunition to those who say we will be crowding out great architecture like the Chrysler Building with these large towers. The Tower Verre didn't survive the approval process unscathed, and there was no design requirement in the process then. So whatever ends up final here better be a lot more than what we've seen so far. I would gladly shoot this one down myself if it came before me in that form.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.