View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 10:45 AM

Yeah, I don't like the new endzones... but i'm in the minority on that one. I thought the old way was a bit less generic. I did like the way they cut the grass at the '08 A-Day.

The new speaker system sounded much better than last year as well. I did hear a few times where they tried to play some particularly loud bit of music and it would crackle a fair bit, though. Still, biiiiig improvement on that. Not a fan of how the stadium folks kept playing music while the band was playing, though. It just seemed a bit disrespectful and it wasn't like the stadium folks' music selection was that good.... and can we PLEASE get the stadium folks to stop playing Dixieland Delight? That song is explicitly about a whole other state.

When I was in Burke (fr. year '98) they were talking about tearing up that parking lot. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to do so. They'll have to be careful w/ Foster (or at least the front facade) b/c of its historic nature, but it's really good that they're doing something with it.

I vaguely recall something in the article announcing Ridgecrest a few months back that said something about Marrs Spring. That's an interesting historic feature of the campus that is almost completely unnoticed by the student body. Very cool backstories to it. Some kinda' creepy.

Curious if you've heard anything about the new condo/hotel thing they were putting up across WW next to the stadium?