View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2009, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smevo View Post
I agree with you for the most part (definitely with the expansion to 6-lanes). A collector system, while the traffic counts alone might not warrant it, may be useful between Joseph Howe Dr and Hwy 103 (the busiest section of 102) because of the close proximity between exits. It's not likely to happen, however, because there's no room for such a system between JHD and NWAD without land annexations getting involved, complete with ripping down houses and/or closing a golf course. 6 lanes + weaving (for this section) should be sufficient, but I was just saying that a collector system would probably be a better design for that section if it wasn't for the space issues. Depending on the expected traffic counts on the collector, it could be as simple as a single-lane collector, though if memory serves me right, the existing ramp counts would warrant a double-lane collector if a collector were to be built at all.
I agree that a C/E system would be wonderful from Joe Howe to Lacewood and a double-lane one would most likely be necessairy because of the 103 and Dunbrack/North West Arm being on the section. With new interchanges and underpasses bing planned or built right now ideally a C/E system would extend up to at least Exit 4C and then up to the airport would be six lanes.

I think I posted the link a while back but there are plans for a basic C/E system between Exit 4A/B and 4C when the Highway 107 extension is built.