View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 24, 2009, 6:50 PM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

I'm not too surprised, there are not that many people in Cumberland and northern Colchester County and the majority of the population tends to be coastal and therefore does not live close to the highway allignment. As such, the 104 is mostly an interprovincial connector.

The twinning of the 104 is mostly justifiable based on it's status as part of the national highway system and also because of heavy interprovincial truck traffic. Local traffic volumes do not factor into the equation here very much.

I'm more surprised because of the reputation than because of personal experience. Not to single Bedford_DJ out, but his post on the first page speaks to that sections reputation as a busy highway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ
Just a guess but in Nova Scotia the collector highways ranks will be;

#1 Bi-Hi (Highway 102). Especially from Exit 0 to Exit 4C.
#2 Circ (Highway 111). Expecially from Toll Booths to the Parclo
#3 Trans Canada (Hwy 104). Especially from NB to Exit 14 (Hwy 102)
#4 Highway 103. Especially from Exit 0 (Hwy 102) to Exit 5 (Tantallon).
#5 Highway 101. Especially from Exit 0 (Hwy 102/Bfd Hwy/Bypass) to Exit 6 (Windsor).
I know it's one person's guess in this case, but it's a common misconception, and to have it guessed as busier than both 101 and 103 with their own reputations speaks volumes. I knew it wouldn't be the busiest, but I expected it to be busier is what I guess I'm saying.