View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
I have a pool and a travertine deck and 3 very large ficus trees(not hedges).

I've had the ficus for 25 years and they are about 40' tall. If I could do it over again I would not have planted them. I do deep water, yet their roots are in fact invasive. And they are very messy. The leaves constantly clog my pool vacuum. And after they mature they drop annoying little berries.

Also after they mature they'll need to be trimmed and thinned, annually. Once they get beyond your reach it'll be very expensive to have them trimmed every year.

One more bit of advice, don't listen to anything Moon Valley tells you. They are pushing a product, and all they care about are sales. I have a coworker who used to work for them and he said they have pretty much the same philosophy that car salesmen have. They'll tell you what you want to hear.
Well, definitely not what I wanted to hear regarding Moon Valley but not surprising. And your experience w/ the tree variety is a common theme I'm hearing and reading up on. I was hoping w/ the deep watering and keeping them at 10' height max, I could avoid issues w/ the roots but sounds like wishful thinking at this point. Thanks for sharing Soled!