View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
What happened here is a breakdown of communication. The question the priest was asking was: "Why do you rob banks [at all]?"; the question Willie Sutton answered was "Why do you rob banks [as opposed to museums, toy stores, burger joints, houses, etc]?" The question was asked in one explanatory space; it was answered in a completely different one.

So, let's try this again, shall we? Is the explanatory space "Why should we have a land value tax on this particular parcel?" -- the question you answered, which now that I pointed this out, makes you seem more than a little silly for thinking I asked it, or "Why should we have a land value tax at all?"?
??? You asked no question in the post 1487 and I didn't read his response as replying to any. You made a statement about land tax. His post was more of a statement about why we probably don't have to worry too much in this particular instance. I think the only reason he quoted you was for context. I really don't see a need to jump down his throat.