View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2010, 2:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
Ok, entertain me with some examples or case studies currently in the midwest that will give me an idea of what this will be like. I've not been impressed by the majority of new neighborhood development.

As it stands, the facades of the existing stock are nothing to write home about. There's plenty of other more beautiful streetscapes in the city. But that's not a valid enough reason for them to go, or replaced by a product that is entirely different. Their composition is what gives Wrigleyville identity. If your premise is to completely modify this neighborhood beyond all recognition and take it in a completely different direction, then I guess you could justify this project. This isn't really NIMBYism or opposition to any small change. It's a big project that will certainly leave a mark. I don't see it any different than the urban renewal efforts in the 60's and 70's to level dozens of commercial buildings for one mammoth development.
UH...yeah

Other than the empty litter filled lots that are still unused 4.5 decades later.....other than that exactly the same.....yeah