View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
Delta has added a 4th daily flight between Boise and Minneapolis to the schedule in June, which if true will mark the first time this route has been served with more than 3 daily flights. The equipment is showing 1 737-800, 1 A320, and 2 CRJ-900s which is a heavy increase over the 3 CRJ-900s we've seen in recent years and about matches the most amount of seats the route has ever seen.

It appears their schedule to Salt Lake City in the summer is still a dummy schedule, so if we're getting the 757 in March through May, I'm really curious to see how the schedule will look in the peak summer months. Also, I'm very curious to see United's schedule and how they react, if they do, to the recent cuts.
I'll be interested in knowing how full those Delta 757s end up being. I've never flown in one before that I know of... Are they similar to 737s just longer? I've been in small planes like CRJs, Q400s and 737s and the big guys like 777 and 747 but never the middle ground planes.

To me it would make good sense for United to add one more nonstop to LAX, at least for the summer months. As it is, United flies BOI to LAX at 11 am and at 8 pm. The earliest UA flight is a 5:45 through SFO that arrives in LA just after 9. It would be smart for them to add an early flight for people going down on business. This would keep competitors (Horizon or Delta) from trying to do the same route and starting a fare war. A fare war would be good for travelers though... Boise could support three daily CRJ nonstops to LAX if scheduled well, four (American and United) was too much capacity.

I keep hearing that good things are coming to BOI, but so far nothing but bad news... Both Alaska and Southwest made some adjustments recently and neither involved Boise...