View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2010, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
Is this democracy? The residents were overwhelmingly in favour of this project. Once again the South End anti-development forces strike
I've grown up and lived in the south end my whole life and I find you're blind labeling of the south end as anti development in this thread and the City Centre thread as ignorant and rather annoying. Yes, its unfortunate the Pacey's and the rest of the Heritage Trust sideshow predominately have peninsular addresses but they are in the minority. It's just they have the time to make this obstructionism their fulltime job. Most people around here favor development and realize it is for the betterment of the city.

As far as this development is concerned I hardly feel its the South-End putting the kybosh to it, besides a few neighbors who may object to new buildings encroaching on their land. I think the city has embraced this project as Fenwick Place has been considered an eyesore and sometimes the brunt of jokes for some years now. It sounds like the delay is due to the scope of the project because it will require some amendments from the city, and from what I've seen of Templelton Properties they don't move very fast either, and are probably making sure they have all their ducks in a row before they proceed.