View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2020, 11:10 AM

Meanwhile, how about those new buildings going up in Saint John?
Can anyone offer any commentary about the architectural designs nowadays of new buildings here? Before boring boxes were built like Agar Place. Now new builds seem to have a lot of thought put into them adding to Saint John’s unique look and feel. A few that come to mind are the law courts, Irving HQ and The Wellington renderings. I’m anxious to see the final result of The Telegraph. We aren’t building the standard cement and glass towers you see going up in Halifax so seems we are going down a different road.

Other thoughts:
When you drive down St. Patrick Street, the crane for the Telegraph looms very large due to location on hill - this building will add density in area.

The church on Germain St between Duke and Princess apparently sold again. Hopefully new owners have plans for it. Last sold in 2018 for $250K

Excavation for Atlantica looks dug out and ready for foundation work

The site for Rocca’s Italian themed 6 story apartment building off mountainview is all cleared. They were lucky - looks like all rich soil with no rock to blast.

Soon we could have 4 cranes on uptown skyline.

I visited Haafencity section of Hamburg, Germany last summer. I could totally see the Fundy Quay site taking on that style. Anxious to find out the plans for it.