View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 3:46 PM

A couple of weekends ago, I was visiting family who live on the mountain. On the way home, I decided I would stay on the bus past my usual transfer point and get off at King on the north side of Gore Park and walk east along King to check out the shops. Imagine my surprise when the bus turned into the south lane of King off from John and zipped merrily past Gore Park. It didn't stop until I was at the terminal at MacNab and Main.

Apparantly the mountain bus routes no longer stop along King between John and James. I don't see why they can't stop in the bus only lane at Hughson and cross to MacNab terminal, like the King bus does. I guess now, if you live on the mountain and want to go downtown, you have to get off either at John and Jackson or Main and MacNab then hoof it from there to Gore Park. I guess I am an old stalwart who still considers Gore Park the proper downtown. The shops along King between John and James must love this change in traffic flow. This could very well be part of the reason why the old Kresge's/Delta Bingo remains vacant. If the mountain bus traffic is bypassing Gore Park and dropping all their riders in front of a climate-controlled mall, why even walk this stretch anymore?