View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2016, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedok View Post
That what I've heard, though for the next decade or so Flamborough area will probably pick up most of that slack (and certain parts of the East end might too, Stoney Creek to Toronto isn't much farther than Burlington to Toronto).
True, although growth in Flamborough/Waterdown would be counted as in Hamilton and the Hamilton CMA was where I was going.

With regards to the lower city losing population, how true is that over the last couple of years? Haven't vacancy rates in those wards come down significantly?

I do agree on the Innovation Park being a disappointment, although knowing Mac I'm not surprised. The Innovation Factory is in theory a good idea, but the practicality of hiring a bunch of people that aren't engineers and having them advice on startups is a recipe for failure. Plus if I recall early on they were only interested in companies that could patent stuff, which I thought was a little weird. Although considering who they hired that was not surprising.

The other problem for the Innovation Park is that smaller companies are likely to eschew paying their high rents and go somewhere downtown like Weever did. Basically walking the halls there is Fluid Media for private sector and then a horde of space that has the tenants have some public sector connection.