View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2005, 9:05 PM

Montgomery info

Montgomery had a nice theatre that was tore down by Troy to build the Rosa Parks Museum, the old Empire Theatre. In my opinion it was nicer than the Paramount ( changed name to Davis because the old lady loved seeing her name in lights). It held several hundred more than the Paramount ( Davis ). Troy has done much to that area of downtown so I am not knocking them for letting that one get away. I just wonder why the movers and shakers of this city have little vision. Take Riverwalk Stadium as an example, it seats 7,000 and for the past two years we have had many sellouts, why was its built to only hold this amount or why was it not built in the beginning to hold about 10,000 the standard sive for AA baseball ? Our old baseball stadium ( Paterson Field )holds 7,000. I know for years our past Mayor did all he could to discourage developement downtown. When he was on the city council he voted not to build any convention center. During his reign as KGB leader of Montgomery we had no concerts ( he ordered one raid to many and concert promoters would not even consider this city ). HELP Montgomery needs developers with Vision, plus we now have a great Mayor.