View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
I’m not too concerned about those 3 actually,l because there’s plenty of ROW. If anything, IMO access from Laurier and Clancy should just be closed. The part that I’m really concerned about is from Airport to Louis Riel. This is where I think that nothing short of overpasses atop the current alignment will cut it. I won’t even bother with the eastern portion because it’s too built up.

Also, who’s able to answer Spocket’s question?

Edit: Never mind, Clancy can’t be closed, but replaced with access to and from service roads.
Oh I thought by "western portion" you were referring to that stretch between 11th St and Ave C... yes I agree with you that Circle Dr at Idylwyld/Louis Riel Trail and the surrounding area is a clusterf*ck. A few years ago there was talk of the city re-jigging the overpass to be a single-point interchange (SPI) or diverging-diamond interchange which would help alleviate the problems getting through. I'm sure it's near the top of the priority list still.

The whole Circle Dr N, between Ave C to Millar is a mess. When they get around to making some changes I think it would beneficial if the city also closed off, or made RIRO at Circle & Alberta/Northridge... Faithful and Quebec intersections also pose a challenge, and of course Millar ave is going to be an expensive fix when the city eventually decides to separate the grade there. A service road could work there some day but would require appropriation of land and removal of some existing buildings, but could allow for better grade separation and allow Circle to be the freeway it was always meant to be.