View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 5:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
the base can best be described as unfortunate, but i think the tower is a vast improvement. hopefully they can tie the base into the surrounding buildings better. and i’m terrified what the “jewel on top” attrocity might be.

i may be in the minority, but i’d rather have this proceed basically as is rather than have things remain stagnant along this stretch. i am well aware of the historical significance of this specific area, but keeping a dead retail area as is just because it’s old doesn’t help anyone (including the retailers already there); “oldest jewelry district” doesn’t strike me as a reason to freak out over the crumbling fabric of the city.
I agree overall. No issue with a tower here and this is a bit bland but much improved from the previous version which was hideous.

At the same time though, the street level facade is a non starter for me. If they were serious they'd preserve the facades and they could start construction tomorrow. If they are hell bent on getting rid of them, they HAVE to do better than this. Shameful.