View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 6:55 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

So if I’m not mistaken in the road home should be closing within the next several weeks? I remember it was originally set to close in June but then got delayed till September. Hopefully there are no more delays. I know there’s a lot of new stuff going into the gateway... I think the road home closing is really important to its success.

Also, I really wish the city would get involved more with the North Temple problem. It’s getting really bad around the gateway inn. That place even has a chain-link fence around it now that makes it look like a fortress. I think it’s ironic because that place is probably the source of A lot of the problems around there... it seems like every time I drive by there there is somebody getting arrested in the Wienerschnitzel parking lot. I think it’s amazing that that place is still in business. I will be really sad if Wienerschnitzel ends up going out of business because of the problem in that area. There are not many Wienerschnitzel‘s that are still in their original buildings like that... I would really hate to see that one go. It’s also the last of the original North Temple staple eating places.

The only 3 things I would like to see stay on North Temple between I 15 and Redwood Road are The fairgrounds stables, Wienerschnitzel, and the Wonder Bread building... I would also be Okay with the red iguana staying, and I definitely want them to stay as an establishment on North Temple, but I would be okay with them ending up in a newer building... everything else on North Temple really needs to go.... now there has been some redevelopment between Redwood Road and I 215... I would like to see that continue all the way down North Temple.

I think if the city could start cracking down on the motels and getting them closed down, they could probably make the property look a lot more appealing to developers.