View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotetrickster View Post
Dude, I can't believe you are this clueless . . .

For many out gay men and women, being elderly ends up with a re-closeting. This is due to a myriad of reasons and may be harmful. The fact is, queer spaces are needed across the entire age spectrum. While social hour might be a bit cattier than those in ma and pa's assisted living community, these are elderly residents who deserve care in their final years, and to be able to stay in the place that is their home.
First of all, thank you for calling me "dude". I recently had a conversation wth someone about whether a 72 year old white guy can be a "dude" and I guess I can be.

Second, "clueless" often means not in sync with the prevailing "progressivism" in San Francisco and I take your accusation in that light. I know I am not and haven't been for 40 years. But the city is all about "diversity", no?

What do you actually know about "the elderly"? In as much as I am one as are most of my friends (relics of gay San Francisco's golden age, all of us), I have to suspect I am more in tune with their needs and wants than you may be so no lectures on the subject, please.

Here's to you, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Sounds like a personal problem to me.
No, I think it's a very widespread problem.