View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 4:47 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
Perhaps it's just that it's one of the suburbs I'm most familiar with, having spent a decent amount of time out there due to a few breweries/brewpubs I really like.
that's probably what's going on.

i really like what elmuhurst is doing to improve its downtown with TOD. it absolutely should be commended for its progressive thinking about growth. however, i just don't think elmhurst has made the leap out of tier 2 burbs and into tier 1 with evanston and oak park.

that said, as far as the original question asked in the thread title, elmhurst is a perfectly cromulent answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ I don't know, I just did a streetview tour of Berwyn and it seems to have its own little distinct downtown, unless I"m missing something.

It's not on the level of a Downers Grove or LaGrange, but it certainly seems to be on par with a lot of other Metra suburban downtowns
yeah, berwyn has more of that traditional downtown centered around a metra station thing going on. i was really thinking more about where to put cicero in the tiers. it's the most densely populated suburb of chicago, but lacks a cohesive center. more than any other burb i can think of, cicero truly feels like an extension of the city that simply never got annexed, much like enclaved burbs norridge and harwood heights.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Sep 17, 2019 at 5:07 PM.