View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2019, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
Here is another snapshot from the "Claire & Clio" photograph group. [1918 - 1920]

Ebay

hmmm.....that might be Clio sitting on a rock to the left of the excavating thingy (steam shovel?).

Unless I am seeing things...there appears to be a man straddling the hood of his car on the far right of the photograph. > > >

Scott Charles, is it possible to get rid of that glare?...(or if anyone else wants to give it a try that's good too)

I hope Beaudry bids for the photographs.

How did you know?! I have an esnipe bid in—I love all the pix of course but this one (which is a little later than 1918-20, probably about 1922, judging by the progress on the tunnel) especially moved me to bid on the lot. Of course I'll scan and share with the group so as to answer all the mysterious questions about Clio, hood-straddling, etc. I won the recently-discussed shots of Fourth and Olive, btw! And for peanuts! (Though there were a gaggle of nice neony LA slides I was recently outbid on, alas.)

I also purchased that $29 1949 Broadway tunnel negative. I have a lot to say on the subject of reproducing eBay images here, on cleaning them up, how sellers and collectors might feel...but that will have to wait for another time. I need to run and get my hair cut and pack—Avalon Ball weekend begins tomorrow!