Thread: Dated Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 3:57 AM
them bones

For the cheap seats: Memphis and Tulsa were both mentioned in this thread. I love the Tulsa skyline but yes, it is indeed dated. I used 200ft (would 2 stories be better for you?) because it gave me a great cross section of both cities buildings. Also it seemed everybody was comparing the 20-25 top tallest.

I then added Phoenix to same said metric because it was mentioned IN THE FIRST F*CKING POST IN THIS THREAD, and that the idea that the Phoenix skyline is dated is wrong. The downtown skyline alone has tripled in the same timeframe as other cities mentioned, even bigger ones *ahem* Dallas.

I’ve made no judgement calls, no valuation of quality over quantity, just a simple observation based on a random but perfectly valid metric.

But hey, I mentioned the P place in a skyline thread based on numbers and of course it went sideways. How dare I?

Thanks for clarifying my intent with everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
I don't think the Phoenix skyline is dated.

I just don't get why it was being compared to Tulsa and Memphis, of all places.

But maybe plinko's intent by comparing it to Tulsa and Memphis' 200ft building construction #s was to illustrate how pathetic Phoenix skyline actually is... having to go down to the level of Tulsa and Memphis to find places that Phoenix is superior to in building 200ft buildings.

Maybe he wanted to subtly turn this into yet another Phoenix skyline-bashing thread that we love so much... and causes massive Obadno anxiety.