View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 5:28 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

I'm trying to analyze the situation here:
Before provincial election 2018, the famous ones in ONPC (aka Christine Elliot, Caroline Mulroney) knew (or at least believed) that the financial state of the province needed addressing, but they didn't wanna stain their names, so they propped up Doug Ford.

Obviously as it stands right now, Ford takes most of the hit, but miscalculations have also dragged Mulroney through the mud.

In late 2020 or early 2021, the insiders will somehow get Ford to step down so ONPC can put on new faces and new policies in hope of getting re-elected for another term. Essentially, Ford is like a piece of cloth that one uses to wipe the table after all the mess then tosses after.

Thoughts?

As for Hamilton Centre, this can also be a blessing (though probably more of a curse than a blessing). This whole LRT fiasco will be the (ultimate) litmus test of Andrea Horwath's competency. I guess it remains to see how she's going to oppose this funding cut. If she does poorly, it's a clear sign that ON NDP needs a new leader and that Hamilton Centre needs another NDP candidate.