View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2009, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudry
Just picked up some amateur snaps from a guy who liked to go up City Hall, bless him.

The first is from 6/63, the next from 2/75; most striking of course is the '72 Pereira to the Times. What really gets me is what got done to the Seymour Building (the tall skinny one, 1926) and California Building (1911) on Second btw Broadway and Hill, and facing Broadway is the California Water Bldg (1905), they've all been refaçaded with unrelenting modernity!
Interesting! There's a b/w negative on eBay right now showing First and Spring from City Hall, and on the roof of the old building across Spring from the Times, a sign can be seen that clearly says, "Wilson Bldg." I'm assuming that's the glorious old Wilson Block that was opposite the Nadeau, cut down to only two floors?

It's odd which buildings survived and which didn't. The ones that did... well, I would have picked other more architecturally-worthy structures, but I suppose we should be grateful that anything within 3-4 blocks of the Civic Center survived at all...

Last edited by Los Angeles Past; Jun 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM.